An Overview of Mental Wellness & The Services available at The Cabin Bangkok
Mental Wellness Overview
Mental wellness can be a confusing and ambiguous term. For some, mental wellness can be defined as the opposite of mental illness. A mentally well person possesses the insight, perspective and coping skills to navigate life and its challenges in a healthy and functional way.
Unfortunately, sometimes life becomes too difficult to deal with and because of life circumstances, childhood issues, neurochemistry or relationship issues, a person needs help to get back on track.
We are often asked “how do I know when a personal problem has gotten so big that I need outside help”? While everyone has occasional problems, and no one’s life is perfect, there are some obvious signs of potential mental health difficulties:
- Excessive worry or regret.
- Crying or other physical symptoms, in excess of what would be expected based on circumstances.
- Pessimistic or negative outlook on the future.
- Thoughts or harming self.
- Intrusive or obsessive thoughts.
- Noticeable changes in activity level, appetite, or sleep patterns.
- Difficulty making decisions or commitments.
- Seeking “escape” through deviant or unhealthy behaviours.
- Difficulty functioning at work or school.
- Strained interpersonal relationships with friends and family.
- Isolation or a tendency to withdraw from previously enjoyable social activities.
At the Cabin Bangkok we employ experienced clinical counsellors and psychologists who have extensive experience in dealing with specific disorders such as depression, anxiety, grief, and adjustment issues. In addition, we often encounter clients who are struggling with stress related to relocation, career issues, relationship and culture adjustment. For clients who require medical assessment or intervention, prior to accessing our psychological services, we partner with skilled, English speaking psychiatrists and hospitals. For clients who desire a safe and secure residential setting, our Chiang Mai facility may meet your needs.
If you feel that you are struggling with issues that keep you from functioning at your full potential, contact us to arrange a confidential assessment.
Our offices are open from 10am to 7pm for all enquires and for scheduling appointments. General addiction counselling and other psychological services take place between 1pm and 9pm, Monday to Friday.
Please see the schedule below for more details.
Download The Cabin Bangkok – Schedule
Back to top